Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our Sabbath

I just sent Mat and Abby to the store to buy some produce for dinner, for the week, and almost as soon as they left, it began pouring, thunder, lightening, the works! My poor family!

We went to church today at a church we have visited once in the past. It was a good sermon, with a warm and lively church body, but we're still not used to the sole form of musical worship being to hymns. After church, Abby was completely exhausted. She was sitting in her high chair attempting to eat her chicken salad with homemade bread, baked by Daddy, when she began chewing on her arm. I wrote the following song for her (pretty talented, I know):

If you're sleepy and you know it gnaw your arm
If you're sleepy and you know it gnaw your arm
If you're sleepy and you know it, then your eyes will surely show it
If you're sleepy and you know it, gnaw your arm

Two weeks ago, we decided to take a sabbath, once again, every Sunday. For us, this means going to church, resting, and doing things we enjoy as a family. I don't know about you, but I don't particularly enjoy doing dishes or cooking with my daughter dangling around my knees and whining for me to hold her. Yesterday I made homemade chicken salad for lunch today, raviolis for dinner today, and Mat made the bread. It has been so nice to not have to cook, but still enjoy yummy meals.

I've got Abby's 17 month photos all uploaded to the new site, and I'll post them tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment